Wednesday 31 August 2011

P90X - End of week one

Well, I survived week one.  Completely unmotivated and encouraged by my usually unenthusiastic bff, I made it to the end of the week.

I have not lost a single pound (must eat better this week), am in pain, but I feel much better.  Oh water on the knee....I have that too (insert sympathy here) but, I am taking Tony's advice, modifying, adapting and pressing on. (All with good form I might add because that is important!) See, I don't just complain the whole way through, I listen.  Well, actually, I don't really need to listen as I have probably memorized each and every annoying saying, motivational tip and just outright ridiculous ramblings.  "I recommend foot spray."  Need I say more.

Yoga X.  I truly hate it.  Yoga is supposed to be relaxing.  Not with Tony chattering on and on.  Not to mention the crazy, endless sun salutations!  1.5 hours of hell.....well maybe not all of it.  The last 5 minutes of stretching is quite relaxing.  I would rather do 2 back to back cycles of Plyometrics than one Yoga X.  Enough said.

But, I am grateful to the best friend.  Somewhat sore, but rather more motivated than the first week.  I am certain that we will eventually exchange roles and go back to our usual "Let's do this!! God you are so annoying!!" relationship, where I am the enthusiastic one.  My prediction is this will happen post wedding that she is attending.  When she is no longer on public display and can hide under layers of winter wear.  I will be the one saying, "Don't you feel great?" And she will be the one saying, "Piss off!"

I love our relationship!

GermandG

No comments:

Post a Comment